Summertime is when pop music truly thrives.
Now that it’s July, summer is in full swing. And with summer comes a bunch of pop bops to play by the pool, at the beach, at the barbecue – you name it. I wanted to put together an upbeat, positive pop playlist to dance to on those chill summer days. Of course I included some pop queens – Lady Gaga, Ariana, Rihanna – and some newer pop arrivals like Julia Michaels.
Seeing as the goal is to dance by the pool, I added in Bruno Mars, Calvin Harris – and specifically added ‘Despacito’ (because overplayed or not – it’s still a great song to dance to).
You’ll catch a couple of Lorde songs on there too – and if you haven’t given her new album, ‘Melodrama,’ a listen, do it. (It’s worth it.)
So I’m going to grab some drinks, sunscreen, and a towel – and then push play on this playlist as we continue on in to the summer! (Feel free to push play too.)
Here’s the full summer pop playlist:
- Bad Liar – Selena Gomez
- Malibu – Miley Cyrus
- Heatstroke – Calvin Harris, Young Thug, Pharrell Williams, Ariana Grande
- It Ain’t Me – Kygo, Selena Gomez
- Stolen Dance – Milky Chance
- The Cure – Lady Gaga
- Feel It Still – Ofenbach Remix – Portugal. The Man, Ofenbach
- Love on the Brain – Rihanna
- Be Alright – Ariana Grande
- Homemade Dynamite – Lorde
- That’s What I Like – Bruno Mars
- Rollin – Calvin Harris, Future, Khalid
- Despacito – Remix – Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber
- Symphony – Clean Bandit, Zara Larsson
- Believer – Imagine Dragons
- Into You – Ariana Grande
- 24K Magic – Bruno Mars
- Two High – Moon Taxi
- Issues – Julia Michaels
- Green Light – Lorde
And here’s the playlist on Spotify:
(Also – Happy 4th of July!)
What are some of your favorite pop songs to listen to this summer? I think I could listen to ‘Be Alright’ untill the end of time.