I feel like everyone should take some time every now and then to just think about a bunch of things that make them happy – and list ’em out. I mean, just making this list made me happy.
What kind of things would be on your list?
Here are 25 things that make me happy:
- rainy days in the spring and summer
- yellow flowers
- early mornings at the beach
- when dolphins swim close to shore
- getting into a really good book
- when new chapters in a book start on even page numbers like 50 or 100 etc.
- coffee coffee coffee. iced coffee in the summer.
- soft fuzzy blankets
- when a song I love – and know all the words to – comes on the radio while I’m driving
- dancing (!)
- when I match my eyeliner (rare)
- dark chocolate caramels (from Trader Joe’s*)
- chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries
- when people laugh so hard they cry
- when people laugh so hard they’re basically just wheezing
- -and on that note – the tap dancing in “Good Morning” and “Moses Supposes” from Singin’ in the Rain.
- real animals cuddling with stuffed animals
(here’s a Buzzfeed article of a bunch of puppies cuddling with stuffed animals!)
- remembering that time my brother walked right into a sliding glass door because it was so clear he thought it was open (*actually laughing right now as I type)
- this mug:
- new music from favorite artists
(@Jessie J – where’s that R&B/pop album you hinted at a year ago?.)
- when babies grip your fingers
- when I get questions right on Jeopardy
- wearing soft new sweatpants, a large sweater, and a cozy pair of socks
- the first snowfall of the season
What are some things that make you happy? Let me know in the comments or link me to a post you’ve made about happy things so I can read all of them!